Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusFollow Me on Pinterestrss feedemail

Pages

Fantasy Football 2012 in Review

Dec 26, 2012

As always I have had an up and down Fantasy Football season.  It's sad to see it done, and already I ask myself, "Where am I picking next year?".  This year being my fourth year as a manager, I tried some new things kept some old things and just flat out went crazy.  Here are some ups and downs for me this season............



DOWNER:

I made it to the playoffs in two leagues this year.  Although one of them was hilarious since I beat out the other team for the 8th position only by 2 points during Monday Night Football with Chris Johnson of all people doing it up for me, who has been a bang or a bust week in and week out.  As I said previous in this blog I blame the coaching staff for that, seeing as he is a player that has rushed for over 2,000 in a season.  Either way, I learned that waiver moves the end of the season is a lot more important that thought out to be.  after making a huge trade with Aaron Rodgers for Willis Mgahee, Desean Jackson, and Chris Johnson.  Of course Jaskon and Mgahee then go out three weeks before the Fantasy Post Season, not to mention I lost my kicker.  Needless to say smart of me to make the trade when I did, stupid of me since I lacked any depth leading into the playoffs and was living on a prayer going up against the number one seed in the league! MAJOR DOWNER!

UPPER:

In a league which I did not like last year, I ended up also making an epic comeback with a 6 game winning streak to tie for first in the division, and sure up a wild card spot in a 6 team playoff.  Although I went out in the first round of the playoffs I was proud of my acquisition of RG3 through a trade earlier in the season and drafting Alfred Morris as my last pick for my team in the draft--Needless to say everyone thought I was nuts and stupid for doing this... BOY WERE THEY WRONG AND DAMN DOES IT FEEL GOOD TO BE RIGHT!  I have high hopes for this league next year, and already have my QB and RB probably, unless something happens between now and the next season.  All I have to say is RG3 for Prez ( My Team Name).

DOWNER:

Who ever thought that fighting for last place would have been a big deal this year?  Well in my longest running keeper league it was.  For the past three year I have had Michael Vick and LeSean Mccoy helping my team lead me to the playoffs.  Well this year I was plagued with Injuries and moves which I wish I had made.  Needless to say in order for me to get the number one pick next year I decided to bench the last three players going into Monday Night Football which I had.  If I had played them I would have won by two points and had the second pick in the draft.  Not to self though..... Don't post a dick remark 10 minutes after kickoff of Monday Night Football, only to be told what I did went against the integrity of the league.  I didn't break any rules, just strategizing (<--is that a real word) for next year.  Last year I did a fire sale this year, this and of course because of me a new rule was in-acted because of my deliberate actions.  As a result I will have my lovely college friends be making the name of my Fantasy Team ext year--The League anyone? anyone?.  I have to say this was a very clever rule and was impressed with our commissioner since I thought that people were going to quit from my douchiness.   

Although I had more Downers in the post, I am going to cut it at that.  All and all if their is no bullshit, it just ins't Fantasy Football.  For example when you lost int he final game heading into the playoffs, and were the second highest scorer behind the person you were playing being the first!  Oh well, Its been a fun year and am counting down the day's till next year!

Back to Reality.........

Redskins Vs. Cowboys Sunday December 30th, 8:20 PM, NBC..... The dead-skins might clinch the division??  May have lost Fantasy but nothing beats your team doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment