Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle plusFollow Me on Pinterestrss feedemail

Pages

Week 14 - Start'em or Sit'em

Dec 8, 2012


This week is the first week of the Fantasy Football Playoffs for most.  In this edition of Start'em or Sit'em I will be looking into the QB, WR/TE, RB, and even the Kicking Position.

Quarter Back:  Start'em - Aaron Rodgers.

Aaron Rodgers is going up against a Detroit Lions team that has a depleted Defense with 6 players who are questionable.  Not to mention by the law of averages, Aaron Rodgers is due for a huge game.  In his past two games he has only put up one passing touchdown per game.  Greg Jennings has been easing back into the offense and Rodgers still have 28 TD's on the season.  Recently with the loss of Jordy Nelson it seems as though you haven't really seen to many power numbers from Rodgers.  Is this the reason or just a coincidence? No-one will know, but at this point I am picking Aaron Rodgers to be the one to Start if you have him on your team.

Wide Receiver:  Start'em - Reggie Wayne.

With Andrew Luck at the helm of the Colts, Reggie Wayne has been Revitalized to the player he once was was when a man by the name of Peyton was calling the shots.  Although he was only targeted 8 times this past week, he still averaged 12.8 yards per catch.  In games previous to this they have been around the same, and more importantly they're going up against a Titans Team that still hasn't been able to pull it all together this year.  I see Wayne going over a 100 yards, and having at least one TD.

Running Back:  Start'em - C.J.Spiller.

I have really liked C.J. Spiller this whole year, he has been averaging 7 yards per carry, and if he is able to break 93 Yards this week he will have over 1,000 yards on the season.  this comes as a number 2 back, and if he were the primary RB on another team he might be able to get around 2000 yards in a single season for rushing.  Going up against the Ram's and there run defense I see him possibly being the number one RB for this week.



For this week I only have ONE sit'em.  You must sit KICKER Mike Nugent.  I'm sure you're saying KICKER?! What?! Well the story here is I did make the playoffs in one of my more competitive leagues.  Here they have a certain number of waiver moves.  This year I tried to pick up a gem early in the year off the wire, and hope they turned out well.  Well, I didn't and as a result I used up all my waiver wire moves, and made a series of trades.  Two of the players I picked up are now on IR, and the kicker I have is doubtful, who of course is...... The one, the only..... MIKE NUGENT.  Life is a series of battles, which you win and lose.  You can of course make this same analogy of fantasy football.  Well I did win one battle, and made it into the playoffs.  But, I lost the battle in making the right waiver moves as a result making me be one less player in the playoffs.  They say Kickers aren't as big a deal, well if it comes down to a 5-9 point loss that point will be proven wrong!

Good Luck to those in the Fantasy Football Playoffs! For those out, there is always next year, now the last 4 weeks of the season will bring you Sunday Fundays by being able to just enjoy your favorite team and not worry about who is in the Flex or who was benched.

No comments:

Post a Comment